Our client is a leading investment firm in the UAE that owns stakes in various companies and manages a globally diversified portfolio. We are looking for an Investment Director to support board members to oversee strategy, budgeting, risk, and M&A initiatives in the portfolio companies.
This position is responsible for managing the value of our investments in the Energy and Utilities sector, initiating and managing transformation initiatives at our portfolio companies, and evaluating new investment opportunities.
- Develop informed points of view on the strategy and performance of our portfolio. He / She will develop an agenda and activist approach to maximise shareholder value for our portfolio
- Develop Shareholder opinion for select Strategic Assets
- Perform Diagnostic of Strategic Assets, developing recommendations
- Analyze and study the Strategic Assets Strategic and operational performance and compile the performance report to be presented to the investment committee
- Supervise the Managers / Investment Associates / Analysts in their work of monitoring the performance of the portfolio companies
- Support board members by revising board materials and providing overall strategy
- Conduct analysis to identify potential areas of operational synergies among Strategic Assets
- Interact with investment bankers, consultants and our portfolio companies to develop an informed view on new investment opportunities
- Supervise the investment team to prepare financial models and sensitivities, reviews external sources of due diligence on principal investments and lead execution
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA from a top school is highly recommended
- 15 years’ total experience, with at least 3 years of consulting or private equity
- Candidate must have experience & knowledge within the Utilities sector
- Experience in top tier Management Consulting companies is highly recommended
- Fluent in English, fluency in Arabic an advantage