Our client is a leading local bank in the UAE, currently in search of a hands-on Compliance Manager to join their dynamic team in Dubai.
- Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies and procedures.
- Monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal / regulatory rules and internal policies.
- Coordinate with different department managers to review all departmental compliance policies.
- Supervise compliance officers within the team.
- Cash deposits in branches and CDM’s exceeding set thresholds
- Monitor that frontline is reviewing any acquired supporting documents against any AML or Sanctions
- Report to Compliance any additional suspicious transaction that may not get filtered by the AML
transaction monitoring filters
- Review standard risk accounts and refer anomalies to Compliance
- Check sub accounts opened through online channel to make sure they were opened in accordance
with the requirements (KYC updated, EID updated, CRS/ FATCA are in place)
- Keep a record for rejected accounts to track for branches/ RM that are not adhering to on-boarding
requirements/ standards or sourcing customers who are not in line with the Bank’s risk appetite
- Perform incident investigations where required
- Collaborate with Compliance and Human Resources to ensure that all Branch/ department staff have attended and completed all required compliance training
- UAE National (with family book).
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
- 8+ years in Banking of which at least 5 years working in Operational Risk / Compliance Risk / Controls and Governance roles.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Personable, great attitude.